Translate

Thursday, May 10, 2012

U.S. Catholic Bishops Take On Girl Scouts after the Nuns/War on Women!



"A lightning rod in the culture wars, Girl Scouts come under scrutiny from Catholic bishops"

Bridget Mary's Response: Unbelievable! Is there no end to the meddling by the Catholic bishops? This takes the cake, or should I say, cookie! What's next an official Catholic boycott of Girl Scout cookies! 
I am sure the nuns and women priests who have been excommunicated by the hierarchy, will support the Girl Scouts and their programs to foster leadership!  We need more women power. 
Hey everyone, let's reach out and purchase more Girl Scout cookies too?! Don't let the Catholic bishops control the Girl Scouts! 
 
"At issue are concerns about program materials that some Catholics find offensive, as well as assertions that the Scouts associate with other groups espousing stances that conflict with church teaching. The Scouts, who have numerous parish-sponsored troops, deny many of the claims and defend their alliances."

3 comments:

Veritwas said...

First they came for the Gays and Lesbians, and I did not speak out--
Because I was not Gay or Lesbian.

Then they came for the Children, and I did not speak out--
Because I was not a Child.

Then they came for the Women, and I did not speak out--
Because I was not a Woman.

Then they came for the Nuns, and I did not speak out--
Because I was not a Nun.

Then they came for the Girl Scouts, and I did not speak out--
Because I was not a Girl Scout.

Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me.

Veritwas said...

^ That is correct.

Grannied said...

RE: First they came...Beautiful paraphrase...says it all, doesn't it. Speak out.