Translate

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Sermon by Archbishop Desmond Tutu for the Feast of the Presentation of Christ in the Temple

http://judyabl.wordpress.com/2014/01/28/sermon-by-archbishop-desmond-tutu-for-the-presentation-of-christ-in-the-temple/
..."God took human history seriously and so fulfilled promises God had made earlier to a Simon and to a faithful widow, Anna. God became a real human being; God took on our humanity – why? Other clever people said God became a human being so that we could become God. The epistle of St Peter speaks daringly of us as partakers of the divine nature...God loves us with a love that will not let us go, a love that loved us before we were created, a love that loves us now, a love that will love us forever, world without end. A love that says of each single one of us: “I love you, you are precious and special to me, I love you as if you were the only human being on earth, I love you and there is nothing you can do to make me love you more because I already love you perfectly.”How incredibly, wonderfully, it is that God says to you, to me: “There is nothing you can do to make me love you less. I take you, I take you very seriously, I take you – you – body and soul, you the visible and the invisible of you, I love you, I love you, I love you.”(Archbishop Desmond Tutu is the retired Anglican Archbishop of Cape Town, South Africa)

No comments: