Translate

Thursday, August 21, 2014

God's Message to us: 'You are the Beloved'

In my prayer time today, I was meditating on a passage in Life of the Beloved by Henri Nouwen.
"All I want to say to you is 'You are the Beloved.'
and all that I hope is that you can hear these words
as spoken to you with all the force and tenderness that love can hold.
My only desire is to make these words reverberate in every corner of your being-
'You are the Beloved.'"
Herein lies our soul strength. God's love in the center point of our being filling us, 
holding us, renewing us and transforming us.
Therefore , nothing, no opposition,  no problem can shake our soul ,
no matter what our struggles, no matter what darkness appears on the horizon,
no matter what misunderstandings or challenges,
in all our troubles,
in all our gifts,
in all our hopes and dreams,
in all our relationships,

 God says: "you are the Beloved."
Bridget Mary Meehan, ARCWP, www.arcwp.org

No comments: