Translate

Friday, November 7, 2014

Priest Faces Jail Time for Feeding Hungry in Florida

http://www.gofundme.com/gqf8ws#

"The City of Ft. Lauderdale has passed an ordinance which, in effect, prohibits the compassionate feeding of individuals and families living on the city's streets. As a person of faith I am called to speak on on behalf of those who have little or no voice in our community. As a priest and leader of a committed faith community in South Florida I must take a stand against this unjust and unconstitutional law of social injustice. Feeding the hungry has been criminalized in South Florida. For the simple act of handing out a hot meal to a five hungry individuals on the streets of Ft. Lauderdale I was detained and issued a criminal citation by the police with the demand to appear in court to justify my actions. I am asking for your help to help me offset the legal costs of defending myself and standing up for the rights of others in court. I am grateful for any help you might be able to offer..."
Bridget Mary's Response:
This is a tragedy! Jesus said we will be judged on how we serve those in need. Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers and sisters that you do unto me. Matthew 25

No comments: