Translate

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Don't Worry About Making Mistakes by John Chuchman

I hope in this year to come
to make mistakes.
Join me?

Making mistakes is a sign I am making new things,
 trying new things,
learning,
living,
pushing myself,
changing myself,
changing my world.
Making mistakes means I’m doing things
I’ve never done before,
and more importantly that I’m Doing Something.

So that’s my wish for you, and all of us,
and my wish for myself.
Let's make new mistakes.
Let’s make glorious, amazing mistakes.
Let’s make mistakes nobody’s ever made before.
Let’s not freeze up
or stop, or worry that it isn’t good enough,
or it isn’t perfect, whatever it is:
 art, or love, or work or family or life.

Whatever it is we’re scared of doing,
Let’s just Do it.

Let’s make mistakes, now and forever,
Amen.
(I used to think
that avoiding mistakes,
oft labeled sins by religious,
was the way to gain entry to heaven
through the pearly gates;
That’s the one mistake

none of us should make.)

No comments: